Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Why I Teach Wednesdays- For the Love of Reading

So, today was a rare occasion in which I told my students that they could color after they finished their work (they had a packet about Arkansas symbols that they had been coloring all week for social studies).  I had a student come up to my desk and ask, "Can we read from our familiar reading tubs instead?"  My reply, on the outside, was, "Yes, darlin'!  You can always choose to read in your spare time."  But on the inside, I was going, "WOOO HOOOOOO!!! CHOOSING TO REEEEEAD!!"  Yippee!  It's always good to hear a student make that choice, but this particular student happened to be a pretty reluctant reader when she first came to my class!  It's little things like this that can make a teacher's day and keep us pushing on (especially when spring break is in t minus 2 days...AAAHHHHH!!)



I hope you all are having a wonderful 'hump day'...the weekend is creeping up on us! Happy teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment