Saturday, June 25, 2011

Under Construction

So, I have this idea that I want to try out next year.  It's still "under construction," if you will, but I think it should turn out cute!  Here's the general idea:

Get 3 or 4 of the paper pockets (like the kind inside library books) found at the local teacher supply store, like this and laminate them.
Glue or staple them to a long laminated strip of paper, hanging down, to resemble a "tool belt."


 Then, glue laminated clip art like THESE to tongue depressor sticks.  These will be the various "tools" (strategies) I equip my students with and we'll add one tool to our belts every couple of days after a mini-lesson!  Of course, these strategies are nothing new...I'm just trying to present them in a new way!  I'm excited to try it!  I think I'm going to create a whole construction "unit" where I make some lessons/games about constructing/deconstructing numbers (expanded notation, place value, etc.) and of course constructing new words with phonetic patterns/onset and rimes.

Anyway, just wanted to share the idea even though it is under construction itself.  Anyone have any good "construction" themed activities or ideas to improve upon my strategy tool belt?  I'd love to hear it!












No comments:

Post a Comment